Oil & Gas
Improving efficiency within liquid fuel distribution
AMCS Oil Planner is a leading and advanced standard system developed specifically to optimize the distribution of liquid fuel through efficient automatic planning and optimization facilities.
The system has a high level of industry-specific functionality and configuration options, making it highly capable of handling planning and distribution for gas stations as well as industrial and private customers.
The system covers the entire planning process, including operational planning and scheduling, execution in real time, delivery of operational data for follow-up and what-if scenarios.
Selection of industry-related functionalities
Overview of actual compartments on truck and hanger as well as automatic compartment load planning
- Option of automatic cutdown of order sizes to fit according to compartments and route optimisation
- Update of actual vehicle stock level per compartment (volume and weight) as trips are executed
- Overview of specific tanks (e.g. at gas stations), generation of replenishment orders the expected consumption rate and next dry running as well as automatic
- Automatic forecasting for specific tanks, based on historical data and either manual or automatic VMI (dipstick) measuring of tank level
- Master data on home and source depots (addresses, opening hours, product types, capacity, qualifications, etc.)
Ability to balance costs of lifting products at source depots (in case of external source depots and different cost profiles) against transportation costs during automatic planning
- Decision support regarding which route to take based on ADR rules and what is presently on the truck
- Prioritisation of orders in terms of distribution costs versus service demands (time windows and customer priority)
- Visibility across ERP/order-receiving, fuel depots, VMI, gauging and on-board computer system
AMCS Oil Planner is an advanced IT system, which enables companies to improve operational efficiency significantly and achieve major savings in transport costs.
Reductions in CO2 emissions, mileage and driving time of 5-20%
- Reduction of 5-10% in the number of vehicles
- Significantly improved customer service and visit accuracy
- 25-75% less time spent on planning and resource rostering
- 30-60% less time spent on registration, reporting, administration and follow-up
- Optimised workflow and business processes through integrated IT systems
- Considerably increased employee satisfaction due to a stress-free planning and order entry environment