Fully integrated mobile web solution
The AMCS Mobile Web solution is a browser-based mobile application designed to operate on a tablet or a smartphone and to communicate directly with AMCS’s planning and optimization systems. Our planning and optimization systems are equipped with advanced automatic scheduling algorithms, which assist in handling a large number of variables and at the same time process large volumes of planning data quickly and accurately.
One of the primary functions of AMCS Mobile Web is the ability to receive route lists and order details from the planning system and the ability to send status messages back to the AMCS planning system as the stops on the route list are executed. These status messages make it possible to continuously re-calculate routes and inform customers about potential changes to the plan.
On top of the core functionalities comes a range of other functionalities enabling the user to fill out reports, take and access pictures, capture signatures, make scans, capture GPS traces, and much more.
AMCS Mobile Web is built on cutting-edge web technologies which means that the application can be opened from any smartphone, tablet or PC device with newer browser versions. Thereby, the user does not have to be concerned about having a Windows, iOS or Android operating system.
The system has solid offline capabilities as AMCS Mobile Web is using the persistence layer of the browser and the local storage database on the device.
Moreover, web browsers and applications available for smartphones and tablets are developing rapidly and are easy to integrate. This, for example, means that a request for GPS navigation between stops from the route list in AMCS Mobile Web can go directly to a commoditized navigation application. Numerous other straightforward integration options are available.
Send daily route lists to mobile device
- View list & map of scheduled route and orders
- View detailed customer information, i.e. access notes, phone numbers, etc.
- Change the order of stops and make status changes to the trip and stop
- Easily add information to an order and capture signatures, photos, etc.
- Capture GPS for status change and unforeseen events
- Send messages and documents to and from driver tablet/smartphone in real time
- Recalculate routes and thus take unforeseen incidents and delays into account
- Store status messages for delivery documentation
Reduction of mileage, driving time and number of trucks
- Increased and steady service levels
- Improved delivery accuracy
- Ease of planning for the office staff
- Improved information flow to trucks